
After breaking her arm while roller-skating with friends, Chloe paid a visit to Brenner Children's Hospital. Listen to Chloe and her mother, Hillary, talk about Chloe's experience. Knowing that Brenner is the only pediatric emergency department in the region, they did not think twice about where Chloe would get the best care. Learn more at https://www.brennerchildrens.org/Pedi... TRANSCRIPT: CHLOE: I still got to do all the fun stuff that I normally got to do in school. I could still write because it wasn't my right hand. Everybody sort of wanted to sign it so I would let them. And they would ask: “where did you go” and “how did you hurt it” and all that and it made me feel really good because everyone knew what happened. [MUSIC] HILLARY: I got a call that said she had had an accident and had been crying. And it's not like Chloe to really get that upset. She's a really tough girl. And so when it was an hour later and she was still upset we knew that there was something wrong. CHLOE: When I was roller-skating, at the roller-skating rink with my two friends in my class I fell on my wrist and I broke my wrist. HILLARY: Knowing that Brenner is the area’s only pediatric emergency room made the decision very easy for us. We know that the best doctors, nurses, and staff are at Brenner. With state-of-the-art technology as well as best professionals, it was the only place for us to go. As soon as you walk in the waiting room, you know that it's been designed for children and to treat children. Everything from the aesthetics of it, the colors, everything's very warm and welcoming. So I think for Chloe and definitely for us, it made what could have been a very traumatic experience very calming. Right away we were put at ease. CHLOE: I have an art camp that I did with me and my friend and we make some really nice stuff. And I can still sew. I can still play on the playground. And I can also still play with my old toys. And it's not as hard as some kids think it would be. There were some girl doctors and some boy doctors. And some of them were younger and some of them were a little bit older. But they were all really really nice- the way they talked and the way they put on the cast just made me feel really comfortable and that made me really want to be a doctor or nurse one day. HILLARY: The doctors and nurses and staff at Brenner were just fantastic. They eased Chloe's fears. They definitely put me at ease as well. In addition to helping her bones begin to heal, I think they really cured her spirit. She went in very very afraid and not certain what to expect. And all along the way they told her what to expect- told us what to expect. So I felt like I've heard about patient and family care, but I think we experienced it first-hand because everything that was done, Chloe knew what was happening- we knew what was happening. There were no surprises for us. And that was really nice to know- that they were taking such good care of her.
Pediatric Emergency Room Patient Chloe Peterson - YouTube |
| 1 Likes | 1 Dislikes |
| 812 views views | 2,542 followers |
| Science & Technology | Upload TimePublished on 13 Apr 2012 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét