
Gordon Kammire, MD, is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in total joint replacement. He earned his medical degree from Bowman Gray School of Medicine at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Learn more about Dr. Kammire: http://lexington.wakehealth.edu/Physi... http://lexington.wakehealth.edu/Reque... Joint Replacement at LMC: http://lexington.wakehealth.edu/Joint... TRANSCRIPT: Gordon Charles Kammire, Orthopaedic Surgery. I do general orthopedics in our clinic which means we do a little bit of everything. The areas that I really enjoy and that I think I'm probably a little better at are total joint arthroplasty and shoulder surgery and arthroscopy. I decided to become an orthopaedic surgeon back in high school actually - I thought I'd be interested in that. I'd had a number of experiences with orthopaedic surgeons from sports-related injuries and developed an interest then and that, furthered along with some injuries in college and working with Sports Medicine people at Wake Forest and it sort of naturally grew from there. Every patient has a unique situation. At our clinic, we really try to spend time with the patient - get to know the patient - and then the care is basically tailored to what their needs and expectations are. What I think makes our care here in Lexington special is that we have very up-to-date technology, we have the evidence-based treatments, we have all of that available - but we're able to do it in a community setting. And by that I mean we're able to spend time with the patients, the patients get to feel like the people that are taking care of them are friends and neighbors. Our joint replacement center is an example where we have no more than five patients a week in that camp - they get great nursing care with a nurse and a nursing assistant and a physical therapist that works with them every day. So they feel from beginning to end like they're really well cared for and all their needs are met. You get a lot of satisfaction if you can help somebody - and that's really the reason most of us are in this business - if we can alleviate pain, if we can improve function, if we can get somebody back to work or get somebody back to their usual lifestyle, there's a lot of satisfaction that goes with that. And getting to know the patients and getting to know their families - that's one of the rewarding things about being in a small town is that you do get to know everybody and you get a lot of individual satisfaction from seeing those people out in the community doing what they're supposed to do and being out of pain. We developed a joint replacement center here at Lexington Medical Center about five years ago to try and improve our care for our joint replacement patients. We felt that by standardizing the pain management and decreasing risk we could make it a much better experience for the patients. We were able to individualize care. We kept our numbers small and we concentrated on quality rather than quantity and I think it's been reflected in the results we’ve had. Our patients are very satisfied with the care that they get. And the results have generally been excellent.
Gordon C. Kammire, MD - Orthopaedics - Wake Forest Baptist Health - YouTube |
| 8 Likes | 8 Dislikes |
| 388 views views | 2,542 followers |
| Science & Technology | Upload TimePublished on 11 Apr 2013 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét