
Derek Williams, DO, pediatric cardiologist at Brenner Children's Hospital, a part of Wake Forest Baptist Health in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Learn more about Dr. Williams: https://www.brennerchildrens.org/Facu... Pediatric Cardiology at Brenner Children's: https://www.brennerchildrens.org/Pedi... Request an appointment online: https://www.brennerchildrens.org/Requ... TRANSCRIPT: Derek Williams- I'm a pediatric cardiologist here at Wake Forest Baptist Health/Brenner Children's Hospital. I'm also co-director of the Pediatric Congenital Heart Program, Chief of Peds Cardiology, and Director of the Congenital Heart Catheterization Lab and Interventional Therapy. I get tremendous satisfaction out of one, just I'm honored that I'm part of their care team, that someone they trust with… Certainly when you have a worry about your heart, it's a very anxiety-producing situation and so I'm just honored to be part of, you know, listening and being there to help a patient or family work through that process. But I certainly enjoy when we can come to a conclusion that's nothing to worry about, which is probably one of the most awesome things you can do, or if it is something more serious, guiding a family or patient through what the options are and getting them back on track, living the highest quality of life they can. One of my family members does have some illnesses, which I would state are somewhat medically debilitating. So as a loved one of theirs working through that, it certainly gives me an insight into what it's like to be part of a family that has to deal with several things: anxiety, being scared, cost of medical care. You know, sometimes [unintelligible] and fostering treatment plans. So I've certainly had the ability to go through that with them and see from the other side the things that I wish I would know more of, or would take place faster. And I try to put myself in the shoes, and have that experience now of the families that say that sit in front of me for those very same experiences. And hopefully that's made me a- and I believe it has made me a more understanding and compassionate care partner- you know- so that I can help them not have the same feelings or desires that they may feel are missing that I've had in my experience. Wake Forest Baptist Health and Brenner Children's Hospital has an incredible ability to take care of any patient with congenital heart disease. And it's based on the fact that there's a commitment to excellence and incredible quality. And I've been thankful to be part of the leadership team that has built a program here of a bunch of teammates, one of which is in Cardiology and we've gotten to a place now where we've recruited several members of the team from outside the state as whether they trained there or spent time there. And they bring this incredible amount of knowledge base and quality. So we have people reading… all of our imaging studies are the highest quality, I cath at the highest quality. We have a person who does our electrophysiology because they've [unintelligible] at the highest quality. We have a surgery team at a high high quality. So that comes together and translates into, you know, excellent care when you come to our facility. But beyond that too, we have relationships with our adult cardiologists, our other imaging specialists, our general surgeons, our ICU doctors. We've worked at building a team here that communicates and all has that same goal of incredible experience. And we treat you like family. We're not overrun with such a big institution that you feel lost in the system and I think that you'll quickly notice that you feel like you're part of us. We have this incredible caring relationship with you and that's what makes the difference in my mind. So in my personal time, I'm married, I have four boys who I enjoy spending time with. You can imagine lots of sports and sword fights and wrestling. I'm an avid hiker, I love the outdoors. I also enjoy tennis, basketball, and reading a good book.
Derek A. Williams, DO - Pediatric Cardiology - Wake Forest Baptist Health - YouTube |
| 4 Likes | 4 Dislikes |
| 783 views views | 2,542 followers |
| Science & Technology | Upload TimePublished on 6 May 2014 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét